Monday, March 24, 2014

I'm backkkkk

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long! Life got busy...and I got lazy. Anyways, I would like to start my blog back up and cover lots of different topics. Ones that are close to my heart would be: fashion, family, parenting, recipes, and fitness. If there's anything else you would be interested in reading, feel free to let me know!~

First up, I've been getting a lot of questions on my Instagram and Facebook regarding why I sell my clothes. I'd like to share some insight into why I do it. So first off, from a very young age, I've always loved to shop (I blame my mama ;)). I can't help it. The thought of a full closet, with tons to choose from, makes my heart happy. You can call it a hobby or an addiction (my husband and friends would probably say the latter lol!) Anyways, I really enjoy it. Online shopping is my new thing...which is hard because online shopping can occur 24/7. So those nights when I can't sleep or those days when I'm stressed out, it's my comfort. With that being said...I'm a stay at home mom. Yes, I babysit, but in case you didn't know, babysitting doesn't bring in tons of money. I really love it, so that's why I do it. Anyways, sometimes I feel guilty shopping because I need to use the money I make towards bills, not pretty things that hang in my closet! So I've found a way to not feel so bad. I sell items I no longer wear and in return, I can buy new gorgeous items that I love. It's a win, win. I know sometimes people get frustrated because I sell stuff that's only been worn once...or maybe never been worn. "Why are you selling that? It's super cute. You've never even worn it! That's silly!" But haven't you ever bought stuff that you thought would be great, then just didn't work out for you? Why not give that item to someone else (for half the price!) so they can wear it and love it instead? That's what I do. It's a way for me to make some money to use towards new purchases.

I'm definitely considering creating a new Instagram "closet" to post pictures of items that are for sale. Hopefully, it will aid in people who WANT to see those items and possibly purchase. And also prevent people who DO NOT want to see them. Lately, I've gotten some pretty negative comments... "What...do you think you have your own boutique or something?" "I'm going to unfollow you if you keep this up." All of it really makes me laugh. Ok, unfollow me! Geez! Do you know how many political posts I scroll past daily on Instagram and Facebook? A LOT. Do I like seeing them when a lot of my friends have different political views than I do? No, I don't. Politics are awkward. Do I unfriend them or unfollow them because of those posts? No, I don't. I love my friends and sometimes you just have to look past the things that aren't so pleasant to you instead of ruining friendships over it. It will make you a much happier person in the end. I promise.

Ok, that's it for tonight. I promise my other posts will be much happier and positive, but I just had to get that off my chest :) Thanks for reading!

xoxo,
J.

3 comments:

  1. Oh for love, if you don't like the post keep scrolling!!! One persons trash is another's treasure. I love being your clothes and appreciate that you give those that are unable to afford the boutique prices the chance to look as stylish and wonderful as you do! You are such a beautiful person never let those that are undeserving get a second thought. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why you are such a good friend to me. You know EXACTLY what to say! Thank you so much!! Can't wait to see you next week! xoxo

      Delete