Saturday, May 10, 2014

Be YOU.

So as many of you know, I deleted my Instagram a while back and now created a new one. I took a social media pause not only with my Instagram, but also with blogging. For those of you that know me, you know that I enjoy sharing things about my life...whether it be through photos, writing, verbally, etc. You probably also know that when you do such things, you open yourself up to criticism, pessimistic people, and sometimes even bullying. All three things happened to me, which in turn led to my social media pause.  

The other day I was thinking...why am I letting people who I have never even met in real life control my life? Taking pictures through Instagram and blogging are two of my favorite "me" activities. Why am I letting those people determine if I do them or not?  Once thinking it over, I decided that other people WILL NOT determine what I do in life. Especially people who I don't even know. That's when I chose to pick back up blogging and Instagram. Since being back, I'm happy. I'm back to enjoying the little things that help me unwind after a long day. I'm not going to waste my time on such negativity in my life. If people are going to dislike me, that's their prerogative, not my problem.  Today I came across this quote that I've seen and read a few times before. I love it. I really feel like it speaks to this situation.
I have so many people in my life who love me and support me. Why am I concerning myself with those people that don't? The answer is, I no longer will. My son and husband are my two biggest supporters. As long as they are by my side, my heart is full. I also have an amazing family, extended family, and tons of friends who love and care about my well-being. That's ALL that matters. Literally.

So the next time someone doubts you, disappoints you, talks about you, makes you feel less than what you're worth...ignore them. They are those people who don't matter. Instead, focus on those that do.

Until Next Time
xoxo,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment