Thursday, October 17, 2013

my love/hate relationship with the gym

I'm one of those people that I love working out when I'm doing it, but it takes a lot of motivation to get me to the gym. Also, it's super easy to talk me out of going to the gym. For example...tonight, my husband said "let's go to dinner" when I had every intention of going to work out. That's all it took, suddenly instead of planning my work out, I was planning what I was going to eat at San Tan Brewery and what Kiki La'Rue outfit I was going to wear. 

For your information: I ate like a pig...appetizer: soft pretzels, main entree: mac 'n cheese burger with fries, and dessert: chocolate peanut butter ice cream. I feel like I'm going to barf. 

Here's what I wore: KLR of course!
It's called the Midwest Mama Cardi: 
http://www.kikilarue.com/search.php?search_query=midwest&x=-1365&y=-7 and comes in burgundy/taupe (pictured) and black/white. Also, the Native Land Cardi you see on that page should be here tomorrow. I freakin' LOVE aztec!

Ok, so back to the gym. Moral of the story is, I really need to get more motivated to work out. I'm thinking a new playlist, workout plan, and diet plan would definitely help! Any recommendations are welcome :) Below I've complied my love/hate list about the gym. Feel free to write your own in the comments...I'd love to hear!

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THE GYM:

  • It helps me de-stress
  • I like to "sweat it out"
  • I usually feel amazing afterwards
  • I like to listen to fun, motivating songs
  • It's something I do for myself

WHAT I HATE ABOUT THE GYM:

  • It's tough to fit into my schedule
  • Sometimes I don't feel like sweating
  • I don't always feel motivated to go
  • I have a hard time going to bed after I workout
  • I stay sore for a day or two after I workout making me walk like I just got off of a horse or not be able to lift my arms above my head
So it looks like my love/hate relationship is 50/50. Leave me some motivation in the comments section!

Until next time xo,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment