Monday, October 21, 2013

Silver Lining

So today was a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD day! First of all, I had to work...I like my job and all, but I have been working so much. Between babysitting 3 days a week and working at the restaurant 3-4 days a week. I'm exhausted. I submitted new availability a few days back, so hopefully I can get a better schedule in the future. Not only did I work, but I worked a double. Ummmm excuse me? A double for the girl with a husband and baby who wants to work PART TIME. I was super confused when they told me to take a break instead of go home. To top it off, my tips were not okay...$7 for a 4 hour shift? I'm supposed to raise a family on that money! Hopefully the money for the rest of my shift (5 hours) is decent...

Here's the icing on the cake though...I got pulled over on my way home (after a 9 hour shift) and got a ticket for "running" a red light. Basically I pulled into the intersection to turn left (no arrow, just a green light), yielded to oncoming traffic) and made a left turn on a yellowish red light when I found it safe to do so. I'm sorry, what was I supposed to do? Back up? Anyways, I can't figure out if I should fight it or just shut my mouth and take driving school...

My day pretty much sucked right? Well, when I called my mom in tears and said how bad I felt and how crappy my night was, she told me to look for the silver lining. At the time, I couldn't, but now I think I've found it.

The Silver Lining
When I came home my son was asleep and rested on my chest. Best feeling ever. Then before bed, we did some "gymnastics" and read some stories. After Vincent went to bed, Mike made me some dinner and talked to me about my ticket and a plan of action.

Moral of the story? I'm blessed. I should be happy I didn't get into an accident instead...or that my car wasn't stolen...or that I didn't get hurt. Stuff is going to happen in life that sucks, is downright terrible, horrible, and no good, but there are SO many other things in life to be thankful for. So take a minute and just THANK GOD for all you have, instead of wishing all that terrible stuff wasn't happening to you. I just did.

xoxo, j


No comments:

Post a Comment